Since the year 2012 felt like it sucked in a lot of ways for me, I thought it might be helpful to remind myself of the real accomplishments and joyful moments. So here are my twelve personal highlights of 2012.
– Visiting Nova Scotia, where I got to know my sister’s children a bit better, and attended AEGIS Fest, and made lots of music with Mj.
– Attending the Western Gate Samhain Festival in Kelowna, BC, and meeting some truly wonderful new friends, and also reconciling with another older friend.
– Successfully raising almost $17,000 via Kickstarter to write “Clear and Present Thinking“, a college textbook on logic and critical thinking.
– Participating in the Burning of the King ceremony at HarvestFest.
– Covering 1,000 kilometres in the Gatineau Hills National Park, by walking the trails and paths every day for six months.
– Performing a concert with Greg Currie (again) and Ja Sonier at Hamilton PPD.
– Publishing “Iron Age ~ Council of the Clans“, a tabletop political strategy game which began as an exercise for my Social Justice students, and turned into something much bigger.
– Performing a concert with Greg Currie, Rikki LaCoste, Jennifer Robert, and J.D. Hobbes at Toronto Gaia Gathering. Also the pub night which followed, where I learned I have a twin living in Winnipeg.
– A relationship with a very interesting, very beautiful person, who I shall not name (she knows who she is), but which was, alas, all too brief. A bittersweet highlight, so it is.
– Visiting London, Toronto, and Elora for Yule and Christmas: a highlight of 2012 that is yet to come!
And what are some of your 2012 highlights? 🙂