- The Twelve Year Warning: Why the world will do nothing about the UN’s latest climate change report.
- Cannabis Etiquette: Some Suggestions
- My Bohemian Adventure: Wonderful, Curious, and Heartbreaking
- A 16th Century Version of ‘The Millennials Are Ruining Everything”
- Why The Nine Greek Muses Are Better Than Prometheus
- What are you doing?
- Cannabis Etiquette: Some Suggestions on
- Why The Nine Greek Muses Are Better Than Prometheus on
- Fictive Metaphysics, The Neverending Story, and The Nothing on
- Dating Advice: How Not To Be A Controlling Misogynist Dudebro on
- How Games Tell Stories, and How to Turn a Story Into A Game on
- What are you doing? on
Tagsamerican politics book reviews books canadian politics crowdfunding death ebooks ecology editing education elders ethics events existentialism fantasy feminism fiction games kickstarter life marketing Music nature paganism personal thoughts philosophy photography photos politics proposal for change publicity publishing question of the week questions religion reviews science fiction sex social commentary society spirituality The Neverending Story theology travel writing
Category Archives: Archive 2007-2009
A short one this week, since I am in Elora, the village where I grew up, visiting my family for Easter sunday dinner. Since there may well be as many as 30 people visiting today (siblings, nieces, nephews, in-laws, and … Continue reading
Courtesy of Druidic Dawn, here is a video recording of my Mount Haemus Lectre, from August 2008. Also, the text for the lecture can be found here.
Another fun one this week, although it might make a few of you think I’m trying to start my own cult. (Well, I am kinda tired of being poor…) In his 1957 book “Symbols of Faith”, American theologian Paul Tillich … Continue reading
And now, a slightly more lighthearted question, after the heavy and vigorously debated themes of the last few Q’s of the Week. I presume that everyone knows the story of Hansel and Gretel, from the Brothers Grimm? If not, here’s … Continue reading
Argiope – Donne nel Sacro presents An Afternoon with Brendan Myers: Civilization and the Goddess 9th May 2009, in Milan, Italy.
…is deferred to next week, because it’s still essay-marking season for me, and I have to give time to my real job today. Meanwhile, here’s a cartoon from “Sinfest“, which I present in honour of Spring Equinox (even though this … Continue reading
First of all, my sincere thanks to everyone who joined the conversation and contributed a comment or two. (And a gentle reminder to those posting anonymously: in the future, please include your name.) I posed a very multifaceted question. But … Continue reading
A recent article on Witchvox.com asked, “Where have all the Gardners and Crowleys gone?” (Full article here, and author Juniper’s home page here.) The more general question that the author was asking, it seems to me, was: Where are all … Continue reading