Brendan is the author of twenty-three books in philosophy, environmental ethics, history of ideas, spirituality, urban fantasy fiction, science fiction, and game design.
His ideas have been featured by the Pacific Business and Law Institute, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, the BC Civil Liberties Association, and the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids. He’s run four successful fundraising campaigns on Kickstarter, chaired a labour union, presented a TED talk, and hunted for fairy tales in seven European countries.
Originally from Elora, Ontario, Brendan holds a PhD in philosophy from NUI Galway, and now serves as professor at CEGEP Heritage College, in Gatineau, Quebec. Through his publishing imprint, Northwest Passage Books, Brendan also provides self-publishing assistance and ethics consulting services to private clients.
“Myers’ analysis confronts our very raison d’etre against our uncertain times. He asks the questions that most prefer not to ask.”
Michael York, Professor of Theology, Bath Spa University.
“Masterfully weaving together a rich world of mythos, Myers follows in the footsteps of the great fantasy storytellers of our time—Martin and Tolkien—but he does it on his own terms, bringing new twists and turns.
L.M. Browning, author of The Nameless Man and The Castaway Children.
Brendan’s complete bibliography.
- Dangerous Religion: Environmental Spirituality And Its Activist Dimension (2004). Dubsar House/Earth Religion Press. [Out of print.]
- The Mysteries of Druidry: Celtic Mysticism, Theory, and Practice (2006). New Page Books: Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA.
- The Other Side of Virtue (2008). O Books: Ropley, Hampshire, UK.
- A Pagan Testament: The Literary Heritage of the World’s Oldest New Religion, (2008). O Books, Ropley, Hampshire, UK.
- Time And The Land: Four Approaches to Environmental Ethics, Climate Change, And Future Generations (2013) Northwest Passage Books.
- Loneliness and Revelation: A Study of the Sacred (2010). O Books, Ropley, Hampshire, UK.
- Circles of Meaning, Labyrinths of Fear: The 22 Relationships of a Spiritual Life and Culture — And Why They Need Protection. (2012). Moon Books.
- Clear and Present Thinking: A Handbook in Logic and Rationality (First Edition 2013; Second Edition 2019). Northwest Passage Books.
- The Earth, the Gods, and the Soul: A History of Pagan Philosophy from the Iron Age to the 21st Century. (2013). Moon Books/John Hunt Publishing.
- Reclaiming Civilization: A Case for Optimism for the Future of Humanity. (2017). Moon Books / John Hunt Publishing.
- The Circle Of Life Is Broken: An Eco-Spiritual Philosophy of the Climate Crisis. (2022) Moon Books / John Hunt Publishing.
- Fellwater (2012). Northwest Passage Books.
- Hallowstone (2012). Northwest Passage Books.
- Clan Fianna (2014). Northwest Passage Books.
- A Trick of the Light (2014). Northwest Passage Books.
- The Seekers (2014). Northwest Passage Books.
- Elderdown (2015). Northwest Passage Books.
- Flight of the Siren (2020). Northwest Passage Books.
- The Book Of Urania (2021) Arcana Elements.
- Éiruna (2023) [Forthcoming] Arcana Elements
- The Whisperlights Of Summerland (2023) [Forthcoming] Arcana Elements
- Iron Age – Council of the Clans: A strategy game of power, honour, and democracy (2012) Northwest Passage Books
- The Hidden (2023) [forthcoming] Arcana Creations.
- Aeronauts And Musketeers: Basic Rulebook (2023 [forthcoming] Arcana Creations.
- Aeronauts And Musketeers: Campaign Sourcebook (2023 [forthcoming] Arcana Creations.