- Discourse Ethics, and a possible solution to the Paradox of Tolerance
- A game development studio in my house? And other questions.
- Whatever happened to the romantic life? A personal question.
- From whom must civilization be ‘reclaimed’?
- Thinking about Civilization (the computer game) and what it says about Civilization (the human phenomena)
- My writing plans for Autumn 2017
Tagsamerican politics book reviews books canadian politics crowdfunding death ebooks editing education elders ethics events existentialism fantasy feminism fiction games kickstarter life marketing Music nature paganism personal thoughts philosophy photography photos politics proposal for change publicity publishing question of the week questions religion reviews science fiction sex social commentary society spirituality television The Neverending Story theology travel writing
Tag Archives: american politics
Some thoughts on the election of Trump to the US Presidency. Although I prefer to keep my political rants to my FB and twitter, and off of this blog, I am aware that the majority of readers of this blog … Continue reading
Allow me to introduce to you a thought experiment first proposed by English philosopher Thomas Hobbes, back in 1651. The name of this thought experiment is “the state of nature”, and the idea is to speculate on what human society … Continue reading
I just noticed something. Obama took the Presidential Oath on Lincoln’s bible. Everybody knows that – every journalist I’ve read all day emphasised that point. Then I looked at the photo: his wife was holding the bible at the time. … Continue reading