- The Climate Reckoning Is Not Happening — Or, Has Reality Become Too Painful To Face?
- Bill and Ted Face the Music: a study of GenX and Millennial tension?
- The basement is finished!
- How shall we face the earth, under the conditions of the climate crisis?
- I am fascinated by, and frightened by, the idea of alien contact.
- A philosopher plays Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Tagsamerican politics book reviews books canadian politics crowdfunding death ebooks ecology editing education elders ethics events existentialism fantasy feminism fiction games kickstarter life marketing movies Music nature paganism personal thoughts philosophy photography photos politics proposal for change publicity publishing question of the week questions religion science fiction sex social commentary society spirituality The Neverending Story theology travel writing
Tag Archives: fiction
If you know anything about Greek mythology, you probably know some part of the story of Prometheus, the hero who stole fire from the sun and gave it to the fledgling human race. You probably also know how Zeus punished … Continue reading
Science fiction and fantasy, two distinct genres of storytelling, have at least this in common: fictive metaphysics. That is: there’s some regular feature of reality described in such stories which clearly doesn’t exist in our world, or which could not … Continue reading
There are a lot of fantasy and sci-fi writers in my FB and Twitter feeds. And a lot of those writers are feminists, of one degree or another. So, I’ve been seeing a lot of discussion about white male privilege … Continue reading